The goal of the Department of Business Administration is to inform, instruct and inspire students to the greatest heights in a challenging and integrating business world system. To say today's world is competitive is to state the obvious. To develop managers who think and act strategically and take advantage of the vast opportunities and many potential rewards is what the Department has developed in its course offerings at the undergraduate level. Our undergraduate programme career's cutting edge contains important concepts and practice of modern management, taking cognisance of the local, national and international environment. The Department prepares middle level managers to manage businesses in an increasingly competitive environment.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The general philosophy of the Undergraduate Business Administration Programme has the following aims and specific objectives:
- To provide the students with a broad-based intellectual foundation for understanding and analyzing problems related to the Management of/and Administration of Industrial, Commercial, Public and other human organizations.
- To equip the students with the skills required for recognizing and defining problems and critically evaluating them particularly as they relate to business operations in both private and public sectors of the Nigerian economy.
- To develop in the students the capacity for appropriate business decision making using scientific techniques and tools.
- To inculcate in the students an awareness of and sensitivity to environmental factors and conditions and their impact of managerial administrative practice.
- To develop leadership and interpersonal relation skills needed to work in an organization as well as groom people who are worthy citizens of a wider society.
It is intended that, at the end of the course, successful graduates should be able to:
- Take up middle level management positions in the private and public sectors and make an effective contribution to the organization.
- Manage in changing situations whether environmental or internal with due considerations of the cost element.
- Diagnose problem situations, and produce practical workable solutions within the boundary of the objectives and policies of the organizations and of the constraints of the environment.
- Play entrepreneurial roles as the economy dictates.